- Use a mini digger successfully - this is how it works
- For temporary objects, buying your own mini digger is oversized
- Renting a mini digger - in most cases the more efficient solution
- Comprehensive instruction facilitates control and work effectiveness
- You must know and use these mini digger controls
- A rented mini digger increases individuality and flexibility
Use a mini digger successfully - this is how it works
Whether building a house or in your own garden – larger projects cannot be tackled with just a shovel, spade and pickaxe. For example, if you want to dig a voluminous hole for your own swimming pool, a pond or a rainwater tank, you need more powerful equipment. In such a case, the best solution is a mini digger. A tool of this type makes it easier for you to excavate, and it carries large amounts of materials such as sand, earth, crushed stone and gravel. Digging pits, excavating shafts or exposing cellar walls: all tasks can be completed quickly and reliably with a mini digger.
For temporary objects, buying your own mini digger is oversized
However, mini diggers are comparatively expensive to buy, even when used, and there are ongoing operating costs, expenses for care, maintenance and accommodation or storage. In total, you have to spend several thousand of euros before even the first shovel of soil can be removed. If you only need the mini digger for a specific temporary project, buying a used mini digger makes no sense. Of course, in theory, you can sell the digger you just bought right after you have finished the project, but that always involves a lot of effort. In addition, there is no guarantee that you will receive a price that is at least approximately to what you had in mind.
Renting a mini digger - in most cases the more efficient solution
Alternatively, you can hire a mini digger for your construction project instead. Especially for temporary projects, you can save a lot of money by renting a digger and time as well, when looking for a functional and price-appropriate model. But be careful: you should always rent a mini digger from a reputable company that offers good value for money, and a user-friendly service. After all, mini diggers are vehicles that usually weigh between 1.5 and two tons. They first have to be transported to the scene. Professional rental companies usually offer a delivery and collection service with a trailer and a suitable towing vehicle. Even if such a service is associated with extra costs, it is still cheaper than if you have to get your own trailer and a correspondingly powerful towing vehicle. Quite apart from the fact that procurement is always accompanied by additional effort.
Comprehensive instruction facilitates control and work effectiveness
As the largest digital construction machinery rental company in Germany with over 4,000 rental parks and more than 200,000 machines, Klarx not only offers high-quality equipment, but also sets standards in terms of service. Anyone who rents a mini digger from the company for their projects always receives comprehensive instruction with regard to the operating elements and controls. So you can get started with the mini digger immediately and don't have to familiarize yourself with the control components and the functionality of the respective model by yourself. This gives you a significant increase in time resources that you can use effectively to complete the excavation work.
You must know and use these mini digger controls
- Ignition lock: as with a car, the mini digger is started with an ignition key. Since these are diesel engines, do not forget to preheat before actually starting.
- Throttle lever: This component is responsible for controlling the engine speed and thus the speed of the mini digger when driving.
- Speed button: By pressing the speed button, you can switch between slow and fast driving.
- Driver's lever: Mini digger usually have separate levers for the right and left chassis. By operating the levers you can drive forwards and backwards. Alternatively, a mini digger can also be controlled using the pedal rockers.
- Right pedal rocker: By manually actuating the rocker, the extension arm of the mini digger swings to the right and left.
- Left pedal rocker: Use this rocker to control hydraulic attachments.
- Right joystick: With this joystick you lower and raise the rear arm or boom of the digger.
- Left joystick: This joystick acts as a control model for extending and retracting the bucket handle. You can also use the left joystick to rotate the mini digger.
- Operating lever: On the one hand you can use this lever to widen the undercarriage and on the other hand you can change the position of the clearing blade as required.
A rented mini digger increases individuality and flexibility
Sometimes, you need different buckets or grapples at work. It always depends on what type of trench or hole you need. If you buy your own mini digger, you must provide the appropriate accessories yourself. That can get really expensive if, for example, you need three or four different work tools for your mini digger. In addition, the digger should also be equipped with a quick-change device to ensure quick conversion. When renting a mini digger, on the other hand, you can specifically specify which shovels or grabs you need for your project. So you get exactly the right digger and equipment that is tailored to your project. This increases both individuality and flexibility.